Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever

Posted by Quinn at Sunday, January 02, 2011




Apart from the Christmas Stained Glass Jello, I've also made some cakes for the Christmas Eve party. I've made the best ever chocolate sheet cake, made famous by none other than The Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. It lived up to its name so well and indeed was the best chocolate cake. Ever!

Because it was baked in a sheet pan (or what some would known as jelly roll pan), it did not take long to bake at all. The cake was ultra moist and we better not discuss the amount of butter that were sacrificed in the midst of making the cake. The cake itself, it's awesome! The frosting itself, it's awesome! When you pierce the cake all over like mad and pour the frosting over and let it seep through. It's even better! Then I realise I forgot the nuts, bummer! I sprinkle the toasted chopped nuts over and have a bite. And a long silence await. If Heaven really do exist, it is right here. Will you all please spell it together with me while taking a virtual bite. H-E-A-V-E-N!

I have also decided to add a couple of coins (washed and wrapped tightly in foil) in the cake, just like how they would in a Christmas Pudding Cake for a bit of fun and luck. It was very well received. Ree's recipes have not failed me so far...

Having said all that, this is my second entry for the Christmas Giveaway hosted by Swee San of The Sweet Spot and I urge you, and everyone who is reading this right now to click HERE. If I ever would spam you, it would be for all good causes, living to be a chocoholic and to eat dessert. I am now officially known to my neighbours and friends as 'That girl who made the freaking awesome chocolate cake!'

Stumble Upon Toolbar

8 comments on "The Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever"

Jo on January 4, 2011 at 10:29 PM said...

Hi Quinn, happy new year. When I saw your post title I immediately knew it was PW's recipe. I've seen it so many times and also have her book ... I definitely get cracking to some of her recipes this year.

Zurin on January 4, 2011 at 11:19 PM said...

Glad to see u back Quinn! the chcolate cake sounds dangerous...but ill try anyway. :)

crustabakes on January 5, 2011 at 2:02 AM said...

i am taking that virtual bite and am spelling the words H-E-A-V-E-N!

Christine@Christine's Recipes on January 5, 2011 at 9:38 AM said...

The choc cake looks so tempting. Although having too much during holidays, I still want some from your cake after browsing your post. :)
Happy New Year!

Su-yin on January 6, 2011 at 3:49 AM said...

Oooh I've made this lots of times, and I agree that it's definitely the best chocolate sheet cake e-vah. So easy to make as well! People always love it, and ask for the recipe. Every time.

Stefania on January 6, 2011 at 6:36 PM said...

Un felice anno nuovo ♥

Emma @CakeMistress on January 8, 2011 at 3:51 PM said...

After such marvellous reports, I HAVE to bake this cake! It looks so dreamy and chocolatey.

Olivia on April 24, 2011 at 7:22 PM said...

definitely the best brownie I have ever had...

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez