Saturday, October 16, 2010

Inspired Desserts...

Posted by Quinn at Saturday, October 16, 2010

Have been very very busy. Been updating the Facebook a bit but not so much of the blog, I need to get my prioritization right. Now, life is getting back on track. Perth was a lot of fun, it was all about the food and like what I have mentioned in my Facebook status: Quinn came back from Perth a much happier girl, could not wait to move to Perth end of this year, had so much good food and good company in Perth, snapped a lot of random shots, met a cute bartender, checked out awesome-looking toilet and bought a couple of things she really liked...Life is so good!

That really basically sums it all up. I do not know which dessert I should start blogging about as I've made quite a few things when I was down with Shingles. I recovered completely but the backaches and body pain is not going away, I consulted the doctor and he said give it a month or two....I could not imagine myself feeling like an old lady with pain all over my body, it is not the best feeling ever but I will have to live with it...Anyway, I have decided to blog a variety of what I have made throughout Shingles period, they were inspired from various people...


To start off with, I've made Dark Chocolate Brownies, Ginger Ice Cream and Salted Butter Caramel Sauce. This is adapted from the infamous Helen who blogs at mytartelette.com

The caramel sauce was to die for....seriously. It is so good on almost everything. Having said that, the next post, you will probably be seing desserts with salted butter caramel again. I still have a small jar of it sitting in the fridge. It is beautiful on anything....Use it like how you would of Dulce de Leche basically. Lusciously thick and dark, after being cooked down for a while over the stove. The saltiness comes through obviously and I like it...A LOT!


The ginger ice cream that topped it off was great too...Very simple to make and come together in no time, a great change from the usual vanilla ice cream and I am loving it and have made it twice ever since then....


Next up, I've made Italian Plum Coffeecake with Sour-Cream-Cheese Topping. This is adapted from Bee Bee who blogs at Honey Bee Sweets. She is very much known to me as the Masters of Chiffon and Bread Loaves! I love how the plum complimented the butter cake and the topping is absolutely to die for. Nothing more than combining cream cheese, sour cream and sugar, how easy is that??? I served it with a dollop of Vanilla Mascarpone....

Or just a scoop of the ginger ice cream....So yummy, anything topped with mascarpone, softly whipped cream, ice cream or all of them are always divine....

Finally, I have also made a Peach Mousse & Strawberry Verrines to echo the colours of Spring and the upcoming Summer. This is again adapted from Helen@tartelette. The lime zest and lime juice used really pull all the flavours of peaches and strawberries together. It is not too firm but not wobbly, just perfect when you dig in with a spoon...The serving glass was smuggled from Osteria de Mesa, a Spanish-Italian place. The glasses were used to serve Sangria in them and are of 175ml capacity. I felt they were the perfect size to layer desserts in...

Before anyone hate me, I better clarify. I did not exactly smuggle. The restaurant is owned by my boss and I am one of his staff out of the 18 restaurants he owned across Adelaide. He happily gave them to me during one of out regular staff dinner when I asked, and yes, he looked at me weirdly and it made the situation very awkward, I have no choice...I was desperate, the power of blogging and shooting photographs!

If you think I am so smart to come up with all the combination, you must be crazy. I do not develop a whole lot of recipes but I must admit I am pretty good at replicating them...I scale down all the recipes by a lot since I really do not serve many as of now. Will not be posting the recipes but the links should all lead you to the original recipes. If you need a scaled down version, shoot me an email...

Alright...I guess this is it. Till next time then. Thank you for watching this space! See you in a bit....

Stumble Upon Toolbar

18 comments on "Inspired Desserts..."

Shirley @ Kokken69 on October 16, 2010 at 10:00 PM said...

Wow, this is dessert overload, Quinn! If it is at all possible to eat my eyes, i would have to go on diet for the next 2 weeks :) .Glad you enjoyed yourself in Perth!

busygran on October 17, 2010 at 1:12 AM said...

Fantastic desserts! Smacking my lips just looking at pics!

Monnie on October 17, 2010 at 9:14 AM said...

The brownies, OMG!

I need to make a dessert for my hot & cold dessert practical next week, so I've got that on the shortlist ;)

zurin on October 17, 2010 at 11:17 AM said...

Just fabulous!...Ive never known a sick and recovering person could cook so much. I would just sleep given the chance:P

Honey Bee Sweets on October 17, 2010 at 12:10 PM said...

Welcome back from Perth! So glad you enjoyed yourself. :)) it's so exciting that you will making the move to Perth...I am sure it will be a real good change for you. Glad that you like the Italian plum cheesecake. It is a much easier and fruitier version of a cheesecake. And very smart of you to compliment it with ice cream... Really to die for, yum!! And every time I come to your blog, there's always some really nice restaurant style deserts on post...love it! Gotta love those pics!

crustabakes on October 17, 2010 at 3:52 PM said...

WOW, that was an impressive set of desserts! i think my fave would have to be the brownie with the caramel sauce. they just look to die for!

pigpigscorner on October 18, 2010 at 7:24 AM said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better! That is A LOT of sweets! I really can't choose, can I have all =)

Anonymous said...

Hello there...I really love your blog and each one of your creations!
I was hoping I could make the chocolate croissants, but I just
can´t get to translate the recipe for the chocolate paste u_u, so I was wondering if you could pass it onto me... Thank you in advance!
marcela

Kitchen Corner on October 18, 2010 at 2:32 PM said...

This is such a wonderful dessert! Yummy!

Zoe on October 18, 2010 at 2:35 PM said...

wow wow wow...loves all these desserts. You are very professional, Quinn.

Jess @ Bakericious on October 20, 2010 at 12:29 AM said...

Glad to hear you are enjoying yourself in Perth :). The dessert looks sinfully delicious, I have put on weight by just looking at it :D

Sonia (Nasi Lemak Lover) on October 20, 2010 at 12:54 PM said...

you are a dessert master,all of these desserts sound so delicious, i must try some of this soon.

edith on October 20, 2010 at 5:12 PM said...

Good to hear that you are well and healthy and a much happier girl.

You sure been keeping yourself busy with all these lovely goodies.

Your ginger ice cream is shouting for me now.

:)

Pei-Lin@Dodol and Mochi on October 22, 2010 at 2:06 AM said...

See, Quinn! I told you! Not to worry too much! I have faith in both of you!! YAY! So happy for you too! Post more of Perth photos, yea? Haven't been there before ... Actually, never been to the Down Under. HAHA!

Too much dessert in a post. You trying to kill me? LOL! I'm already fat enough ... Still wanna fatten me even more!!??

In the meantime, take care! Hope to see you in the future ...






Dr.Sameena Prathap
on October 26, 2010 at 3:42 PM said...

Hi Quinn,

Love it....looks so yummmyyyyyy...:)

Dr.Sameena@

www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

Christine@Christine's Recipes on November 22, 2010 at 5:48 PM said...

Aw, this delicious choc dessert would make life easier for sure.

Btw, I replied your question concerning tangzhong on my blog. Sorry for the late reply.

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Jess @ Bakericious on December 25, 2010 at 5:53 PM said...

Quinn, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 

Quinn's Baking Diary Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez